maternal health is our expertise—and our passion
The Marin Family Birth Center is a new program of Marin City Health & Wellness Center. As part of an integrated healthcare model, the birth center offers high quality perinatal care for mothers and babies. Midwifery educates, supports and nurtures families through the childbearing experience, and is optimal for low-risk pregnant women.
Birth centers offer a healthy, safe delivery option consistent with recommendations of leading health experts. The Marin Family Birth Center family is excited to bring this option for delivery to Marin county residents who are trendsetters in alternative health lifestyles and practices.
We believe that:
- Women are asking for—and deserve—choice in childbirth.
- Midwifery is a woman-centered, culturally sensitive model of maternal care. For many, this is also a social justice issue.
- Midwifery is a low-cost, safe approach to birth that reduces the risk of unnecessary interventions and surgery.
- Midwifery improves maternal health by providing comprehensive perinatal care, which includes longer pre- and post-natal visits, education and respect for women’s choices in childbirth.
- All women should have the birth they choose, whether they pay through Medi-Cal, private insurance, or private/sliding fee scale. (The birth center accepts all payments.)
The Marin Family Birth Center is located at 880 Las Gallinas, Suite 1, San Rafael, CA 94903 [Map]. Parking is available on the street, or off the alley behind our building. Marin Family Birth opened in August 2016 as a new site of a 10-year-old healthcare organization.
Email our Birth Center Director for a personal tour.
Sign up to receive occasional email updates!