maternal health is our expertise—and our passion
The Marin Family Birth Center is a new program of Marin City Health & Wellness Center. As part of an integrated healthcare model, the birth center offers high quality perinatal care for mothers and babies. Midwifery educates, supports and nurtures families through the childbearing experience, and is optimal for low-risk pregnant women.
Birth centers offer a healthy, safe delivery option consistent with recommendations of leading health experts. The Marin Family Birth Center family is excited to bring this option for delivery to Marin county residents who are trendsetters in alternative health lifestyles and practices.
We believe that:
- Women are asking for—and deserve—choice in childbirth.
- Midwifery is a woman-centered, culturally sensitive model of maternal care. For many, this is also a social justice issue.
- Midwifery is a low-cost, safe approach to birth that reduces the risk of unnecessary interventions and surgery.
- Midwifery improves maternal health by providing comprehensive perinatal care, which includes longer pre- and post-natal visits, education and respect for women’s choices in childbirth.
- All women should have the birth they choose, whether they pay through Medi-Cal, private insurance, or private/sliding fee scale. (The birth center accepts all payments.)
KEEP IN TOUCH: Sign up for updates!
We are accepting families with August due dates. Email us for a personal tour! Marin Family Birth Center opens this August as a new site of a 10-year-old healthcare organization.